Friday, March 27, 2015

A Bone to pick with Barnes and Noble

So the other day I was at my local Barnes and Noble (and when I say local I mean a 45 minute drive from my house) and found the humor section which had some Calvin and Hobbes books including two complete sets of the complete collection of Calvin and Hobbes in paperback form for $100. Now a hundred sounds like a good price for this with it being the complete work of Bill Watterson but there was something I remembered from online. This set of books was being sold for $65 which is a lot better for the wallet. So I took the set and my phone with the website on my phone to show customer service and of course they didn't do anything about the price change and normally I wouldn't expect them to but the website that was selling them for $65 was Banes and Noble. So my question is why not change the price for people in the store to match their online prices? With online giants like Amazon who sell the same set at $59 which is the cheapest I have found you'd think that BN would have done something! I just took the set back to its place and as I walked out empty handed I was purchasing my new set on Amazon. This is very sad because I want to help retail stores like BN but when they refuse to change with the times like Blockbuster we will find ourselves in a would where you can't go out to get a book you'll have to order it and wait a day or two or download it.

No comments:

Post a Comment